Organic Spinach and Chicken Cat Treats
We know you want to feed your cat the healthiest diet possible, and these homemade organic spinach and chicken cat treats are the perfect solution. If your cat isn’t a fan of chicken, tuna can be substituted.
What You’ll Need
1/2 pound of steamed organic boneless and skinless chicken thighs
1 cup of fresh organic spinach leaves
1 organic egg
1 cup of organic quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon of organic catnip
1/4 cup of flour
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Steam the boneless and skinless chicken thighs until cooked through. You can swap for boneless and skinless organic chicken breasts, salmon, or tuna with cat-loving results too. Let the chicken cool for 20 minutes before the next step.
- Place the chicken, oats, spinach leaves, egg, and catnip in a blender or food processor, and pulse on low until the mixture blends together. It should still be a bit chunky but also smooth, similar to the texture of wet sand.
- Pop the mixture into a bowl and add the flour. You can also add a dash of salt or sugar to mix up the flavor. Use your hands to knead the dough until it’s no longer sticky, then place on a flour-dusted work surface.
- Use a rolling pin to create a rectangle of dough around 1/2 inch thick. With the help of a pizza cutter or small cookie cutter, create small shapes for the finished treats.
- Place the kitty treats on a parchment-lined sheet tray, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature, and then toss to your cat.