We know you want to feed your cat the healthiest diet possible, and these homemade organic spinach and chicken cat treats are the perfect solution. If your cat isn’t a fan of chicken, tuna can be substituted.
What You’ll Need
1/2 pound of steamed organic boneless and skinless chicken thighs
1 cup of fresh organic spinach leaves
1 organic egg
1 cup of organic quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon of organic catnip
1/4 cup of flour
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Steam the boneless and skinless chicken thighs until cooked through. You can swap for boneless and skinless organic chicken breasts, salmon, or tuna with cat-loving results too. Let the chicken cool for 20 minutes before the next step.
- Place the chicken, oats, spinach leaves, egg, and catnip in a blender or food processor, and pulse on low until the mixture blends together. It should still be a bit chunky but also smooth, similar to the texture of wet sand.
- Pop the mixture into a bowl and add the flour. You can also add a dash of salt or sugar to mix up the flavor. Use your hands to knead the dough until it’s no longer sticky, then place on a flour-dusted work surface.
- Use a rolling pin to create a rectangle of dough around 1/2 inch thick. With the help of a pizza cutter or small cookie cutter, create small shapes for the finished treats.
- Place the kitty treats on a parchment-lined sheet tray, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature, and then toss to your cat.