What’s better than a treat you can share with your pup? You both with love these sweet potato fries from Beagles and Bargains.
What You’ll Need
1 tbsp, melted
Try ground tumeric or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash and peel the sweet potato
- Cut the sweet potato into evenly sized long skinny (fry shaped) pieces
- Coat with oil and spices – Mix in a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Place fries on baking sheet in one layer
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Flip over fries for even baking
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes
- Let cool before giving to your dog!
Some spices, like turmeric and cinnamon, are safe for dogs to eat in moderation. Check out this article to see what other spices you can safely use to flavor your home made dog treats. Remember: always talk to your dog’s veterinarian before adding something new to their diet.