Treat your cat with these organic chicken cat treats from Modern Cat. Making your own cat treats can help cut back on cost, and best of all you’ll know what ingredients are in your cat’s snacks. Let us know how your cat enjoys these treats!
What You’ll Need
Organic Whole Wheat Flour
Nonfat Powdered Milk
1/2 cup, cooked and chopped
1 egg, beaten
Fresh Organic Catnip (Optional)
1 tbsp, chopped
- Gather the ingredients and preheat your oven to 350° F. Ensure you have plenty of counter space to work on.
- Combine the flour, milk, and chicken in a large bowl and mash and mix them together. Add the water, oil, beaten egg, and catnip (if using). Stir well until a sticky dough forms.
- Form the dough into small dime-sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls into discs with your hand or a spoon. You can adjust the size of the treats based on your cat’s size and needs.
- Bake the organic treats for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip each one, so they brown on both sides. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until they turn a golden-brown color.
- Cool the treats to room temperature and store in an airtight container or bag.