What better way to celebrate National Peanut Butter Month than with an easy, home-made dog treat! These peanut butter macarons may sound fancy and taste like a delicacy, but they only require a few minutes of your time. Thanks to Cooking with Janica for this delicious recipe!
What You’ll Need
1 1/4 cup
Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup, plus additional for sandwiching
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or another large bowl if mixing by hand), add flour, baking powder, peanut butter, egg, honey, and milk. Beat until ingredients are well combined and a soft dough forms.
- Give the surface you are going to pat the dough out on a light dusting of flour. Pat the dough out into a rectangle ½” deep.
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut out circles of dough.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- When ready to give to your dog, put some peanut butter in between two cookies.
- To store, place cookies in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and keep in the fridge.
Some brands of peanut butter are using xylitol as an ingredient. Xylitol is toxic to dogs, so please be sure you avoid products with this ingredient. To keep your dog safe and healthy, try making your own nut butter! This way you can avoid feeding your dog unnecessary preservative and added salt and sugar.