Here comes Fido, here comes Fido, straight toward the cookie tray! You won’t worry about your dog dashing towards these yummy festive reindeer cookies. We hope your pup enjoys these treats from Two Little Cavaliers.
What You’ll Need
2 1/2 cups
3/4 cup, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to an almost boiling temperature then add the bouillon cube to dissolve.
- Combine flour, egg, and broth in a bowl stirring until combined.
- Toss some flour on a cutting board and roll out the dough.
- Start cutting out your dog biscuits with the reindeer cookie cutter. Dip the cutter in some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Combine all powdered sugar, meringue powder, and 1/4 cup warm water together for 5-7 minutes with an electric mixer on low speed. The icing should be thick enough that when it drops into the bowl that it stays on the surface of the bowl for a few minutes. If not add more powdered sugar or water.
- Keep the icing in a covered container have it stay moist.
- Remove 1 tablespoon of icing and add black food coloring. Spoon this icing into a piping bag with #2 tip.
- Take out 2 tablespoons of icing adding red food coloring. Spoon the red icing into a piping bag with a #2 tip.
- Add brown food coloring to the remaining icing, stirring well. Scoop the icing into a piping bag with a #2 tip.
- Time to create your reindeers! Outline the reindeer head with antlers in the brown icing. With the black icing make two small black dots for the eyes. Outline and fill in Rudolph’s nose with the red icing.
- Allow for the icing to cool completely.
- Store the remaining Reindeer Dog Treats in the refrigerator or freezer depending on how long you plan on keeping them.
Be sure to read the ingredients of your beef bouillon cubes. Onion and garlic can be poisonous to dogs. Check out Massel 7’s stock cubes or Savory Choice Beef Flavor Broth Concentrate – both products are guaranteed onion and garlic free! If you would rather avoid beef bouillon, you can use ground cinnamon instead.
Looking for a high-quality reindeer cookie cutter? This solid-copper one from amazon.com will make your Christmas dreams come true!